Apply for a Grundtvig-EU scholarship to participate in the training “Raptor migration in the Mediterranean basin: research techniques and future perspective” - in Sicily, Italy.
Are you interested in learning more about the topic of “Raptor migration in the Mediterranean basin: research techniques and future perspective” and how effectively integrate it in your professional field?
The training course, organized by Legambiente, an Italian environmental organization, takes place in Pachino, in the province of Siracusa (Sicily). The structure is surrounded by typical Mediterranean atmosphere of the Hyblean countryside. The course is unique in the field as it will be developed with the methodology of hands-on.
The scientific and didactic activity is supervised by MEDRAPTORS (Mediterranean Raptor Migration Network), a N:G:O: with a long experience in the field of raptor migration (http://www.raptormigration.org). Among the speakers, different researchers who have worked in the field of animal movement research using different methods (visual observations, long-term monitoring programs, radar tracking, GPS, GSM, GLS) and focusing their study on different aspect of bird migration (ecology, ethology, conservation, influence of climate change).
Browse the link below to see the detailed program. Apply for a Grundtvig-EU scholarship to participate in this training:
People that can apply to the scolarship:
· the citizens of the 27 Member States of the European Union
· countries of the European Economic Area-EEA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Swiss Confederation)
· Candidate countries (Turkey, Croatia)
For the year 2013 there will be two courses:
- SESSION 1 : 13/05/2013 - 17/05/2013
- SESSION 2 : 30/09/2013 - 04/10/2013
The fixed application deadlines for the year 2013 are the following:
- 16/01/2013 (for training starting on 13/05/2013)
- 30/04/2013 (for training starting on 30/09/2013)
N.B. This training Scholarships can be requested for participation to this training from your National Grundtvig Agency which will cover the participation fee, transportation, accommodation and meals. Please check the list of all European agencies in charge of Lifelong learning programmes to find the agency in your country:
Please contact your National Agency because in some cases are not accepted more than two candidates for each organization (university, association, etc.).
If interested, please follow the steps below:
1) Download the application form “Grundtvig In-Service Training Application eForm 2012" on your National Agency website.
2) Fill in the application form with all information necessary to complete your enrolment request. Notify our association your intention to enroll in the course.
3) Please submit the file, print out the application form and send it out via regular mail to you National Agency.
If you need more details or support in filling in your scholarship application please feel free to contact the organisers at the contact details indicated below.
We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Dr. NATALIA CARPANZANO
Training Course Director - Legambiente Onlus