Our reached goals:
- Tens of publications
- Different new migratory flyways have been discovered
- Observation camps
- Collaboration effort with different research organizations belonging to different countries
- 11 discussed theses (2 Ph.D., 5 M.Sc, 4 B.Sc.) in five different Universities
The meeting will be held in Gambarie d'Aspromonte (Reggio Calabria) on the 19th, the 20th and the 21st of September 2014.
- 19th evening: meeting point
- 20th observations on raptor migration. In this period the passage of Marsh Harriers and juvenile Honey Buzzards occurs. In the evening we'll have dinner in a typical restaurant and we'll have the chance to discuss together.
- 21st observations on raptor migration
(dinner and accommodation have to be charged on the participants, accommodation is possible in a agreed upon bed & breakfast)
Gambarie is a small village located at about 1350 metres a.s.l. inside the Aspromonte National Park. The area is covered by forests of beech and silver fir. The area is the most important bottleneck for the autumn migration of raptors in the Central Mediterranean area and last year 30.000 raptors heading south were counted.
It is possible to reach Gambarie with a bus from Reggio Calabria where there is both the train station and the airport.
For further information contact us.